Thursday, February 21, 2008

iTunes interface redesign

My iTunes redesign is now available for viewing . For my design, I have decided to cut out a lot of the clutter which the currant iTunes store has. I have also used the 'Recommended' box to show users what albums may be of interest to them, in a similar way to the Amazon store. I have used a drop down box so that users can select genres, which is a more compact way of allowing access.

The main feature is the prominence of the search facility, as currently the search box does not look like part of the interface. I have taken YouTube's idea of having the search under the header, as this is in a part of the screen where viewers look when first arriving on a page. I have used this 'F' shaped pattern for the layout of my navigation and search bar. The 'Albums' area of the page would show the display results of any navigation or searches. Constructive criticism of my design is appreciated.

1 comment:

Marc Pugh said...

Might just be me but I don't think there's enough contrast between the background colour and the colour of the header bars.

Couldn't you place the search in with the header and have 2 more thumbnails of albums their instead?

I think that the drop down arrow needs to be the same clour as your corporate blue.

I also think that the padding between the links on the left is too big. You could decrease the gap and add another 1 or 2 links.

Other than that it's looking really good.