Friday, September 15, 2006

Formative Statement

In my past educational experiences I have learnt many skills which I am looking forward to developing in the future. From my artistic background I have gained an understanding 2 dimensional in the context of colour, texture and proportion to produce creative work. I have also learnt how to keep a progressive record of my ideas development and explain the processes behind them.

In my previous studies in English, I learnt how to produce subjective arguments with an appreciation for audience, values and literary techniques. These included essay writing, persuasive writing and personal reaction to the subject matter.

Processes which I acquired in Business Studies enabled me to identify the relation between business and client, and how each can influence the behaviour of the other. This included business and consumer relations, the ability to produce presentations and evaluate performance. These are all skills which I believe will be useful on the course.

I am currently interested in using Photoshop, as I have done several personal projects using this package. Having learnt these skills on my own, I look forward to learning other aspects of the package to improve my 2D computer generated art skills. As these develop I wish to produce professional work, as I know it will be beneficial for the future.

As there are several pieces of software I have not used before, I am interested in learning the different techniques and procedures these products demand.

For my long term future, I wish to be able to produce high quality, professional work from a large range of programs. I believe that if I could work freelance I would do so, as I think the independence and freedom this would give me would be a great asset. I hope to create a broad portfolio of work from the course to give me the best chance at succeeding as a freelance designer.

No comments: